Monday, September 04, 2006

PHONEBOOTHS

Took a brief trip back to auckland in july because my dad is currently working over there so me and my brother decided to head over for a couple of days and see the place had changed and catch up with some mate from when we lived over there. Between 97 and 99 we lived in auckland while my dad was working as F&B manager at the sheraton there. Anyway we get off the plane and dad is there to pick us up so the first thing we want to do is go and check out our old nieghbourhood and school etc. but something odd strikes me as we are driving down the streets of suburban auckland, i sit and ponder for a few minutes and then it hits me. . . . PHONEBOOTHS, bam! they have phonebooths, telstra had long ago decided that people in sydney no longer used phonebooths and have proceeded to rip out all but a few scattered phonebooths around the city and suburbs. But not in auckland, in the city there is a phonebooth on the corner of every block:



Auckland Town Hall: much like sydney town hall it is home to the city's emo population and much more:


Like christian asian sing-a-long groups

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home